InfinityHub

Welcome to InfinityHub !

We're a leisure community and this board serves for us to discuss various different topics. We aim to foster relationships between users and grow to be a great community.

So join us! We've been expecting you. :)

InfinityHub

Welcome to InfinityHub !

We're a leisure community and this board serves for us to discuss various different topics. We aim to foster relationships between users and grow to be a great community.

So join us! We've been expecting you. :)

Forgot Password?

Option not recommended on shared computers

Don't have an account yet?

InfinityHub

InfinityHub chat thread

Japorized
    Japorized
    Administrator

Click to toggle info
    HubPoints : 95
    Rep : 12

Reputation points:

InfinityHub chat thread - Page 4 Empty Re: InfinityHub chat thread

Post by Japorized Fri Feb 06, 2015 4:03 pm

Reality and the grind-y daily routines have long blunted the creative sense of lots of people in my country. Anyone who tries to be creative will definitely get shotted down soon. Things need to be practical, and they definitely have to give returns. Things that bring no benefit whatsoever should quickly be abandoned and replaced with beneficial and useful ones. Culture is no exception...
    VicmxD
    VicmxD

Click to toggle info
    HubPoints : 38
    Rep : 4

Reputation points:

Post by VicmxD Sat Feb 07, 2015 1:47 am

So they only cultivate and promote stuff that is functional for their interests, well the thing with the fireworks is kinda delicate because of the preservation of the environment, but still, culture is a precious thing and changing it at will I think it serves no one, unless it's harmful in some way, so society needs to correct itself as always but not on something that isn't negative in the way people and societies see it, but if the people ruling there see it as negative and the people there accept it, well that is what there is. Well I only care for humans to enjoy their life individually and socially, even if it serves for the whole picture, self sacrifice for others, it should leave room for people to do what they can do better, what they want and maybe sort the way to make it functional to society, but not discarding it without considering its fruits.

Still everyone ends playing a part in society XD to survive, no one has true freedom, that would put society in danger, so those who try are controlled or disposed of (reasons vary all throughout history, but I imagine some really crazy ones like witch hunt or the pursuing of scholars because they had Ideas against the church), but we need society we are molded by it, but it's better and it's possible to some degree to change it in a better way (it's always self regulating because of us, decisions and actions in mass and from some few crazy bastards), unless someone believes in anarchy which I don't.

I'm kinda making my best as a retired sociologist student XD, but I sure know really few stuff on the matter, still I think I will keep reading some subjects.
    brandon_g
    brandon_g

Click to toggle info
    HubPoints : 47

Reputation points:

Post by brandon_g Sat Feb 07, 2015 4:02 pm

Well the thing with switching is... the more active my forum gets and the more impossible the task becomes. I have no problem with the coding on my forum, the theme on my forum was never 100% finished before I was forced to leave and in turn my other admin did to. It was only about 90% finishes, with some recent minor tweaks in my part it is now about 93% finished. The major issue I am having right now that may cause some headaches is the fact that FM released a new chatbox full of bugs and all. They claim it is still i n beta, yet they role it out globally... there have been mixed reactions sorrundibg that part. Gave none of us warning, I switched my forum to an AWC Chatbox about a month ago, sorted all the bugs out finally then fm starts this BS.... they effectivelly broke Awc. I have temporarily disabled the chatbox due to this, I refuse to deal with incomplete software unless I am getting paid to. My forum is not a test guenia pig... it is a re growing community. I find it slightly wierd why they role it out globally before it is ready.
    Japorized
    Japorized
    Administrator

Click to toggle info

Reputation points:

Post by Japorized Sat Feb 07, 2015 7:50 pm

@VicmxD
    Well fireworks does hurt the environment quite badly. But there are ways to serve for both sides for a win-win situation: the government (local, state or federal) can set up public events that sets off fireworks (actually, yes, I do notice that they don't use fireworks for public events or festival celebrations after all, by the government) and still retain the rights to criminalize the use of fireworks by the people. I think it's a fair trade, and it's also a way to have people come together and unite, which is one of the long and on-going goals of my country, even though it's not entirely effective.

And by creative people, I don't mean those who would go out and bring on a rampage or start witchery. Those are, of course, out of the picture. I mean stuff like activistic ideologies. People in my country can be hella scared of them, particularly the older generation. There was this dark past in my country (kinda like a civil war, but a small scale one compared to many others out there) decades ago, and those that are still alive are really afraid of it. The people are kinda up to the point that if the government would take an extra 6% off their salary, they would curse the government upside down and still swallow what the government's gonna do.

@brandon_g
    Isn't there this feature that you can set up a temporary theme that no one but you as the admin can see? The members can still access the forum and view the current theme, while you can edit the temporary template. You can then just transfer the theme onto your forum later on.

And I just noticed the change on the chatbox. But that's FM for you. Then again, it's free so I'll be appreciative of what's offered, is what I'd like to think.
    brandon_g
    brandon_g

Click to toggle info

Reputation points:

Post by brandon_g Sat Feb 07, 2015 8:07 pm

A little earlier notification would have nice (as many people think) as they made a public announcement AFTER
    they already release it glabally bugs and all. It would hve been nice to know
    so we would have time to at least let our users know. Smile
    Japorized
    Japorized
    Administrator

Click to toggle info

Reputation points:

Post by Japorized Sun Feb 08, 2015 5:28 pm

I think they might've informed in their French support forum first before pushing it out. They usually work this way. First is for the French forums, all other languages comes second. The admins of other languages have it hard as well.
    brandon_g
    brandon_g

Click to toggle info

Reputation points:

Post by brandon_g Sun Feb 08, 2015 7:25 pm

Well that is not fair, they should at least hold a global meeting with their paid admins from around the world!
    VicmxD
    VicmxD

Click to toggle info

Reputation points:

Post by VicmxD Mon Feb 09, 2015 6:21 am

yep no one would like a civil war, in my country everyone is afraid that something is going to explode but it hasn't exploded yet, and every day it's even worst, corrupt politicians and business men (most are both, like they bought shares and made companies with the peoples/country resources or wasted it doing nothing productive at all) in here are making our life crazy and bad, society is normalizing insane ways of living and crime skyrockets, but well that is just me whining over things here, on the other side; I got to my house after a good weekend with grandparents and coffee, I got some tension because of personal real life stuff that I wish I can help resolve it, end it or release my burden soon.

Well, me a simple forum user I don't have much to say except that the chat thing indeed is horrible and that they aren't taking in good regard with the people that are using their services, even if it's free.
    brandon_g
    brandon_g

Click to toggle info

Reputation points:

Post by brandon_g Mon Feb 09, 2015 5:07 pm

VicmxD wrote:
    Well, me a simple forum user I don't have much to say except that the chat thing indeed is horrible and that they aren't taking in good regard with the people that are using their services, even if it's free.

Well let me put it to you this way, Forumotion created a chatbox long ago, made it basic then neglected it. All most users simply requested was for the option to disable the chat timing out feature, they refused, then someone created AWC (which allowed you to disable as user via a tick box) even though the time out disable is sort of fake on there as well you get the timeout without the annoyance of one, it auto logs you back in so you can not tell the difference. Now FM finally decides to make a new chatbox and it still does not have time out disable, now I understand that they want work the bugs out first, but they should add it, if they do not so far as I am concerned they re did it for nothing. This new chatbox also has the consiqunce that AWC is broken for the time being (because they changed the code around), the developer and owner of awc is working on that right now, but the point is, they neglected the chatbox then want to re do it all of a sudden and give no warning they are doing so.

P.S By the way yes there is a temporary theme option Japorized, however, I do not know what exactly it does has I have never used it. By the way happy upcoming birthday Japorized and I started a birthday thread for you on Broadcasting Duo Smile.

-Brandon
    Japorized
    Japorized
    Administrator

Click to toggle info

Reputation points:

Post by Japorized Tue Feb 10, 2015 7:59 am

@brandon_g
    That's how Forumotion works I suppose. I think I remember hearing some old mods complaining about that as well.

I just checked on AWC, and just noticed that it's developed by AvacWeb. I've used some of their snippets here from their tuts, like the Panda and the status updater. They haven't updated their AWC page about the chatbox being broken as of now.

For the temporary theme, go to ACP > Display > Temporary Themes (under the Skin category) > Create a new temporary theme and you can start editing from there. It can be kinda restrictive if I'm not mistaken, cause you can't edit the template of the forum but only with the CSS.

And thanks for the birthday greet and that forum thread on Cool! Really appreciate it. :cheers:

@VicmxD
    I think my country is slowly going the way your country's going. Those businessman up there gives no damn about us tiny people, even though they would say that they've made donations here and there. I don't see society changing even at the slightest. Those organizations receiving those donations still don't improve as well. I cry conspiracy on that. And their development plans are all messed up, like the LRT system in my country is quite a mess. It's all semi-privately developed I think, and they would build to their liking, linking only to the places that would bring them benefit.

For the chatbox, there's been numerous times I'm looking for another way for setting up a chatbox as I like it but I can't find anything. I wanted to make my own from scratch but I guess that's nearly impossible cause FM doesn't allow access to the deepest of our forum DOM.

Last edited by Japorized on Tue Feb 10, 2015 6:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
    brandon_g
    brandon_g

Click to toggle info

Reputation points:

Post by brandon_g Tue Feb 10, 2015 2:34 pm

Yeah Awc stands for Avacweb chat.... the staff there have been extremelly busy with  life, I imagine LG will just fix AWC  move on. I just hope he does.

And no problem my friend, we try to do it for all our active or at least semi active members. Smile I hope you enjoy your  brithday Japor Smile.
    Japorized
    Japorized
    Administrator

Click to toggle info

Reputation points:

Post by Japorized Tue Feb 10, 2015 6:07 pm

I checked on their site a little while ago and they haven't changed much and there's no new tutorials either. Guess they are really busy.

And I had coffee for my birthday so I am content :3
    VicmxD
    VicmxD

Click to toggle info

Reputation points:

Post by VicmxD Tue Feb 10, 2015 10:44 pm

Good for you and your coffee XD, me I'm trying to cook something eatable since I will not have help with the food for 1 week, the literal hunger game begins, hum I hope I will beat my things to do list in these days, 2 months to go, maybe a work, but I don't want to compromise more than a month, hum and read lots of stuff psychological ones if I can. And again happy birthday XD or end of the day XP since it's still your birthday here and it's already over on your side
    brandon_g
    brandon_g

Click to toggle info

Reputation points:

Post by brandon_g Wed Feb 11, 2015 5:18 pm

Japorized wrote:I checked on their site a little while ago and they haven't changed much and there's no new tutorials either. Guess they are really busy.

And I had coffee for my birthday so I am content :3

Yes, no new tutorials in a while, from what LG has told some of the members he is writing 1 short and to the point one about creating a widget for the tag or hash tag system on FM. AWC will need to be re written from scratch now though, FM changed the way the chatbox works, AWC still used the FM Chat, it was just a plugin, so when FM changed the code on their end. It rendered AWC's configuration useless/broken. I believe LG has been working on it and has it nearly fixed. I think he is having a hard time trying to find a way to fix private messaging within it. Apparently a code that fm mixed up or changed is making it difficult to come up with.

I know LG was also working on a new release of AWC that was just about ready to go BETA when this FM thing happened, so now that will likely need to start over as well. Tongue out

I hope it was a good cup of coffee.
    Japorized
    Japorized
    Administrator

Click to toggle info

Reputation points:

Post by Japorized Thu Feb 12, 2015 4:48 pm

@VicmxD
    Not help for food for one week!? How'd that happen?
    And I think it's kinda hard to get a job if you only have a month's time available. Well, it's almost impossible in my country. Nobody wants a worker that quits in a month.

I still have people wishing me Happy Birthday even today (it's already the 12th here). I guess they messed up on when exactly my birthday is cause I turned my birthday notification off. Only those who know will greet me there, and those who don't will be confused on when it is. xP

@brandon_g
    Oh, a widget like a JS pop-up instead of having to copy and paste the users every time? Or that a list of matching usernames will appear right below the textbox as a JS pop-up would be convenient as well. I've seen and used a very convenient one, and so did @VicmxD here. I'm scratching my head on how to go about it on FM though, cause we aren't allowed access to the DOM, not even to just see how it is.

It's kind of a pity that the AWC is down now. But then again, it's a plugin for the default chatbox of FM so it breaks quite easily once the DOM of the chatbox changes.

And I'm easily satisfied. I have coffee almost everyday, but a dark coffee of a good blend that's different from what I've had can usually make my day.
    brandon_g
    brandon_g

Click to toggle info

Reputation points:

Post by brandon_g Thu Feb 12, 2015 5:16 pm

Well the thing is before all this they never updated anything on the default chatbox, therefore awc never broke. Now they have neglected so much they have needed to re do the whole thing.

I have also replied to the Adobe Photoshop topic on BD as well.

Also if you do not mind me asking what is the story of this forum? I mean it looks like it was originally set up to host a big community, but since then has been converted to a sort of private/personal use forum?
    VicmxD
    VicmxD

Click to toggle info

Reputation points:

Post by VicmxD Thu Feb 12, 2015 9:30 pm

Well, my grandmother is on vacations on the beach in an island, and I'm here in my house XP, I preferred to stay here, read and be with friends, since I would only be in the beach with my grandmother's friends, and with little liberty at it, so too much time of reading and strolling with old ladies/guys I didn't liked the Idea XD, unless I could make some friends and stroll around by my side, but with her it's kinda unlikely that I could go around by my side and of course I'm not accustomed to invent so much XD. So I don't have breakfast and no meals in the wednesday nor the sunday until she comes back, well my only inconvenient is the breakfast, I'm so accustomed to have it ready, I'm trying to enter the karate free style of my university, to try it and do something then decide to stay or leave it when I begin classes.

yep I like dark coffee too, the quality in coffee is decreasing to the point where it doesn't make smell the house or kitchen, but well that is what we have.

Well brandon, this forum I just knew it because of japo and he managed this since little more than half a year so I'm just new here just like you, but we were part of another forum where I got to know japo, that one hosted a huge community and was pretty active but until now it's half dead and the forum is dead for now, it's animeosts. I suppose that japo designed this one in a way that could maintain a huge community like you said, maybe he wants to host a familiar close community I don't know what are his aims though. I think this answers what you meant to ask XP? anyway I want to listen-read to the big boss response =)
    Japorized
    Japorized
    Administrator

Click to toggle info

Reputation points:

Post by Japorized Mon Feb 16, 2015 9:34 am

Sorry for not being around but I'm getting busier preparing for the festival, though some of my relatives are already telling my family that they won't be coming back for the New Years. Sad It kinda lost its meaning that way, cause it's a festival that serves to have the big family gather and be together, even if it's just a day or two in the whole year. My late grandpa would be really disappointed if he's still alive this year.
    But oh well, guess it just means that I'll have to spend it with more friends.

@brandon_g
    FM doesn't update itself as much recently. It was pretty active a long time ago. Now it's just maintained for the sake of being maintained.

I made this forum for various purposes. Here's a breakdown in percentage:
    60% on wanting to build a forum that allows all sorts of people to join, not just with one specific purpose. Many forums are very specific with what they're discussing about, thus limiting their users to only a certain group of people. This forum is made to counter that problem (though it kinda failed, didn't it... Whew )

10% is on me trying to pull my friends (IRL) away from those mainstream social media, which I'm starting to find them annoying. A lot of people on social websites today are very self-centered, cause that's how these social websites geared em to be. I don't know about everyone else, but many people around me circle mostly post stuff about themselves only (selfies, what I ate today, yada yada...), not really something to be shared for the benefit of all. I kinda hoped that with them coming to a place like this, they would come to realize that its much better to share talk about stuff, not just posting up selfies and hoping to get more likes and good comments.

The rest of the 30% is just me wanting to have some fun programming. Tongue out

@VicmxD
    Your family's on vacation or something?

And yeah, about coffee, good ones are getting more expensive, and bad ones are everywhere, like air. xD

I wonder where that Unicorn is now. And Quinn's gone back to MIA again.
    brandon_g
    brandon_g

Click to toggle info

Reputation points:

Post by brandon_g Mon Feb 16, 2015 4:39 pm

Non-sense my freind, you have not failed, you just never gave it the push to get started YET. If you start updating that thread on fm i Guarntee people will come flooding in. The problem with ads on FM is that with so many failed forums out there, it is  really risky to take a look at a thread that has not been updated in awhile due to the very high possibility it is just another failed one. I can 100% assure you that if you do... you will be surprised who joins.
    VicmxD
    VicmxD

Click to toggle info

Reputation points:

Post by VicmxD Tue Feb 17, 2015 2:14 am

nop, only my grandma went to the beach, she loves to escape and go around in holidays, this monday and tuesday is carnival in here, she invited me but I refused as I said before XD and hum regarding social media I believe it depends on the culture, the range of age of the users and the social trends that are taking place under those and more factors.

In my case and in my social circles, some talk and post photos about the stuff they have done, but they send messages, quotes and jokes about stuff to talk about, and they tag lots of people on those, and we talk about it, I used to post psychological articles and self-help, but I think it's tedious and time consuming to post stuff so I do it now rarely, and they post funny videos and simple stuff to chit chat XP, it's kinda common, some others post more complicated stuff from time to time, nop I haven't seen what they eat unless it's something rare and good or really special, I don't even remember a photo of food in facebook, oh something common in here is to post about some visual shocking videos or images and lots of political stuff in retaliation for the crisis and demeaning the government and there is people too defending it (but now it's more rare that someone defends it XD).

And regarding the forum, I believe you can make it what you want, it hasn't started yet as brandon says, you need to give it a more strong steady push, maybe with an adaptable design or various options like in animeosts then it can satisfy different tastes, maybe if we post interesting stuff of some trends, subjects and show clearly that they can post about "whatever" (it's relative as it's never whatever but a box of permitted selectable options) stuff they want, like making a gallery or some crazy creative stuff Idk, and if it appears like an announcing showing some posts (I imagine it like you should remember) so it brings attention and lures interested people, I don't know but the chat box being the first thing on top may not be the best option for luring attention at first sight.

But that is up to you with what thing you think should happen to your forum, it's your project after all, I still don't know if I can help with anything nor if I would dedicate to something, but if you ask me I will think about it, still I'm lazy and really careful with the stuff I spend my time with
    brandon_g
    brandon_g

Click to toggle info

Reputation points:

Post by brandon_g Tue Feb 17, 2015 7:23 pm

@Japorized

I hope you don't mind... I took the liberty to bump your advertisement topic for you. Smile http://help.forumotion.com/t134527-infinityhub#943531 Smile
    Japorized
    Japorized
    Administrator

Click to toggle info

Reputation points:

Post by Japorized Sat Feb 21, 2015 7:59 pm

Thanks for the ideas on the forum guys. Now I feel motivated again. Tongue out I hope there's a separate me sometimes, that one of me can just spend his/my entire day cracking his/my head on what else to really add to the forum. Tongue out laughing I was really into making this forum coming alive when it just started off, and I almost posted the updates daily on my forum promotion thread on FM (I had lots of free time then).

@VicmxD
    Your circle on the social websites looks more mature. Those who've already graduated from taking selfies and blabbering about how much they know life are now the quieter bunch who don't frequent their social profiles anymore.

@brandon_g
    Thanks for the bump buddy. Smile

And sorry for the late reply. It's the New Years and I've been super busy running around places (visiting relatives and friends). There's hardly a day that I can get home and sleep as early as 12am. xD
    VicmxD
    VicmxD

Click to toggle info

Reputation points:

Post by VicmxD Sat Feb 21, 2015 8:58 pm

Good to know that you are enjoying your days japo XP keep having fun!, I have been enjoying mine as well for now, quite the weeks with some changes, I hope they are for the better, been reading (manga too) and playing sudoku as for leisure, I hope I'm changing for better some habits.

You can focus on the project you desire the most to develop, and to minor objectives you give them little time from time to time if you want, at least the forum isn't going to go away XP, take your time and realize how and when you can and want to invest in your forum
    brandon_g
    brandon_g

Click to toggle info

Reputation points:

Post by brandon_g Sat Feb 21, 2015 10:07 pm

No problem Japor, as I said in my introduction thread, we can help each other, I want this forum to grow to how it should. Its a great place here, people just do not know. Smile

EDIT: If you all want a glimse at my sheer writing skills then you can read thiz0s review I wrote for someone's review (I always save my true writing skill for those types of things) http://help.forumotion.com/t139083-g-forum-reviews#944547
    UnicornPrancer
    UnicornPrancer
    Amateur

Click to toggle info
    HubPoints : 7
    Rep : 2

Reputation points:

Post by UnicornPrancer Tue Feb 24, 2015 4:19 pm

Ne, here I am to be the 100th post. :p I'm alive (barely) and well (Sort of). I honestly forgot this place exists. xD I..if you're feeling generous, would you be willing to still accept me? 0_0 Please?

Sponsored content

Click to toggle info

Reputation points:

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 21, 2024 12:55 am