InfinityHub

Welcome to InfinityHub !

We're a leisure community and this board serves for us to discuss various different topics. We aim to foster relationships between users and grow to be a great community.

So join us! We've been expecting you. :)

InfinityHub

Welcome to InfinityHub !

We're a leisure community and this board serves for us to discuss various different topics. We aim to foster relationships between users and grow to be a great community.

So join us! We've been expecting you. :)

Forgot Password?

Option not recommended on shared computers

Don't have an account yet?

InfinityHub

InfinityHub chat thread

Japorized
    Japorized
    Administrator

Click to toggle info
    HubPoints : 95
    Rep : 12

Reputation points:

InfinityHub chat thread - Page 2 Empty Re: InfinityHub chat thread

Post by Japorized Fri Jan 16, 2015 6:54 pm

Ah, glad you enjoyed your day. :D
    Wasn't the interview some time ago? Or is this a second round?
    And I'll be going out tomorrow to a place rather far away from where I am, via the crappy public transport in my country. It'll to be submit my university application. Hope it goes well, and that I don't get lost. Whew

Good thing that Prancey looked for you some way as well. Hope he comes back when he's free. And no info on Quinn-chii so far as well... Hope she appears
    VicmxD
    VicmxD

Click to toggle info
    HubPoints : 38
    Rep : 4

Reputation points:

Post by VicmxD Fri Jan 16, 2015 7:31 pm

nope, it was only one and only, yesterday in the morning, I think I said that I was gonna have it that day and then I said that It went great XP, also I was kinda always talking about that, so I named it lots of times that it would seem it has already happened some time ago.

Well, I would go prepared, google maps, directions, an scheme of were do I have to go, landmarks, money, etc. that if I'm going to the unknown, and ask the correct people for directions, in my country that would be, the vendors in the streets, some person that seems reliable that has a post in which seems that know the city, and taxis, they know every place XD, but in my case, it would seem weird since you aren't contracting their services, but it would not be a problem if they are educated and if it's near, it's better if you are a woman inquiring, that is always a plus XD
    VicmxD
    VicmxD

Click to toggle info

Reputation points:

Post by VicmxD Sat Jan 17, 2015 3:13 am

They accepted me for the change of career!!! I MADE IT!!!! you know the feeling of a notice this exciting XD, I Don't think I have felt it like this before, it's awesome. Now that I think of it, I will be a crazy sociologist between psychologists XD, the kind of people is really different between both careers XP, I just screamed with excitement when I read the message, when that happen, my cousin was with me and he was like WTF?!!!, jajajjajajaaj it was a wondrous, wonderful moment. you will get your application japo, you will make it, like a saying here, willing is power-do- makes you capable to do anything, that is the translation I feel is nearer from the Spanish sense of the phrase, see you jap XP Clap
    Japorized
    Japorized
    Administrator

Click to toggle info

Reputation points:

Post by Japorized Sat Jan 17, 2015 6:01 pm

WOOTS!!! Clap I got mine as well! Jump My application process is done! Now's for corporate scholarships, visa, some shopping (for the weather and some early-settling down items), and flights. Hope these will go as well as this application.
    I shot the picture of my letter of acceptance to my lecturer and she was like, "Hohoho... So proud of you. *wipes tears with the edges of [her] long sleeves*" (this is actually a lil dramatic, yes).

And you mean from your phrase that "will is power"?

Again, congrats on successfully changing your career! :D
    VicmxD
    VicmxD

Click to toggle info

Reputation points:

Post by VicmxD Sun Jan 18, 2015 12:27 am

Congrats too!!!, yep, now what is left for us is paperwork XP, I have to make some letters and stuff, soon we will talk with you freezing and me becoming a mad psychologist XD, and now I just need to wait for the dates for bringing up papers and stuff, and I will go to classes too to not get bored, I don't know if I will do homework or inquiries, exams, maybe, but none of that will matter when I have all my papers done and delivered. I will begin at March, when you will be traveling to canada? you could choose canada or it isn't decided yet?
    Japorized
    Japorized
    Administrator

Click to toggle info

Reputation points:

Post by Japorized Sun Jan 18, 2015 4:13 pm

Haha... Talk about me freezing indeed, especially when I'm born and raised in a country without winters. xD
    So you're actually just passed the first barrier of changing your career huh? I see that there's still quite some things to do. But I don't worry about ya, you're most definitely fine handling em.
    And I'll be going in maybe August. Since I'm already joining this university that I've wanted, and with the good program and all, I'll probably be taking just this. Unless if some really special circumstance arise, I don't think I'll change my decision of going there.
    VicmxD
    VicmxD

Click to toggle info

Reputation points:

Post by VicmxD Sun Jan 18, 2015 4:50 pm

well, that barrier was the most important XD, it's only fill this sign that during a period of time and deliver those papers in the office-secretary, the most scary and difficult part is over XP. now it's just spend the time in between in the best way.

I suppose it's the same for you, enjoying your time left in there. Yep, it's quite the change, there is lots of things you have to learn to survive in a winter, like, that you can't get out wet or the water freezes and if you touch your hair, it falls apart, some things like that, always cover your ears or sensible parts, a cream for humectation or burns is good, and to know what layers of cloth you have to wear, one that fits into you first to maintain the heat and the rest to create the heat, until you are a bulky little ball of fur XP

I burned my face and fingers indeed, don't wash plates with cold water, for me winter was wonderful, kinda difficult and most certainly, you will hate snow XP, it's a horrible thing wanting to kill you, and maintain you locked into your house, it's really problematic to deal with it, and don't clean it with a shovel in the morning, it's really bad for the hearth and lots of people has died from it. Still I enjoyed winter the little time I was there, but you need will power to do stuff in the cold, better if you do excercise for the heat and energy it brings.
    Japorized
    Japorized
    Administrator

Click to toggle info

Reputation points:

Post by Japorized Mon Jan 19, 2015 3:36 pm

At least the rest is just a matter of ticking time. Smile

I used to look forward to seeing snow when I was a kid but I grew weary of it once I got out of high school. Still haven't been through any winters yet but I'm hearing all kinds of story about how the snow and winter are always out to kill. Tongue out I have a feeling that my first winter will not be a pleasant one, since I have no experience at all at dealing with it. But I'm someone who doesn't mind getting trapped at home. Tongue out laughing Though I know supplies would be a problem. I think I'll have to stock up nicely for it but I don't even know how much yet.

Then I believe I have to keep an eye out on the condition of the heater of the house? And gotta make sure that my utility bills are paid before due. And the clothing, I don't think I'll get suitable clothing for me to bring over to Canada. I think it's best to buy them there? Since they are made to fit for their weather, and mine for mine.

And wait... Died of shovelling!? How? (<-- feel like some cavemen now cause have forever lived under the sun and rain)
    VicmxD
    VicmxD

Click to toggle info

Reputation points:

Post by VicmxD Mon Jan 19, 2015 4:03 pm

sorry, my english had some mistakes in the last lines, I meant, heart not hearth, I believe there is some cloth that could serve you, the ones that are tight into your skin, you can bring sweaters and jackets even if they aren't so effective, you can investigate the kind of cloth you can bring, and you die from shoveling because the effort made with the snow is immense, and of course, lots of snow, it's really cold too and if you do it in the morning (the time were the heart is more sensible, when there are more heart attacks because I suppose because it was resting and beating really slow, then along the day it get use to work, but you can't make it race with cataclysmic efforts like with snow or other stuff) you can die from a heart attack because it's too much for the poor heart.
    Japorized
    Japorized
    Administrator

Click to toggle info

Reputation points:

Post by Japorized Mon Jan 19, 2015 6:21 pm

It's okay Vic, I do get that it's heart. Wink
    And I'll make some readings and studies into the clothing. It's important to know the differences between my current clothing and for the winter one. I guess what we (as in people of my country) usually wear here are like summer clothes.
    Now that you explain it in terms of that, it makes sense for me. My heart isn't really strong either. Sad
    VicmxD
    VicmxD

Click to toggle info

Reputation points:

Post by VicmxD Tue Jan 20, 2015 4:50 am

I slept only 3 hours today so I'm really sleepy and kinda cranky, gonna sleep soon XD, tomorrow pre-inscription, I feel weird abandoning my career, taking another path, will I like and fare well in the path I forced unto myself? what I will do after finishing this whim, going back to my sociological roots to calm down an unrest sentiment, finish the undone?

I do feel even weirder, telling teachers that I will keep going but as a listener when I sign the letters of abandoning career, is like still feeling the rope of duty pulling you, calling me to do the stuff I should do or that I would be doing if I stayed in the class, and the feeling, the lingering sentiment that I should read for the classes and prepare myself everyday, but at the same time, having the craving for not doing anything at all, just do whatever I feel like doing in these times, not stressing and leaving pressure, but I sure felt horrible going to class without being prepared, without having read, that if they ask me something I could only say nonsense.

Some mixed unsettling feelings, I just don't like to feel the need to do what I would had to do and at the same time feel "free" not being compelled or have the academical pressure to do anything, no consequences except personal ones for the decisions I make.
    Japorized
    Japorized
    Administrator

Click to toggle info

Reputation points:

Post by Japorized Tue Jan 20, 2015 7:41 pm

I understand your uncertainty. Even getting my letter of acceptance, and into a university that not everyone can easily get into, and with a pretty good standing as well, I have some of these small conflicts and uncertainties staggering inside of me. Should I have tried a different path that I am better at, and also like a bit, instead, or should I just continue with this chosen path that I like but kinda expect a more routine kind of work later on? I too kept telling that I'd like to continue what I'm doing, but hardly anyone ever knows that I have that kind of unknown and unsaid struggle inside of me. It's quite a hard question, not one that I would ever want to have for a question in an exam. With that said, I'm probably still looking for an answer to that. Am I taking too much time to come up with an answer for that, or should the question be, should I make a decision now now that I'm still at the crossroad which I'm passing by now?

I believe that there are different kinds of responsibility, one for your circle, meaning the people around you and the society, as well as what you're currently doing, and another would be for yourself. Many of us are quite compelled to fulfil the responsibility for the society (I'll call it "society" to keep it short), maybe cause of our culture (I'm not sure if this is applicable for your people) that would tell us to think collectively, prioritize the people around you before yourself. At the same time, the mainstream (well, it's becoming more and more mainstream) individualism tells us to be a bit more selfish and try to fulfil your own dreams and wants.

At a time like this, maybe one should really ask him/her-self, regardless of these choices, what is it that one truly wants? Is that dream really important? Or could it be that you value your relationship with the people that are currently with you more, and wish to keep it like that? They may be two individual things at times, but could also be mutually exclusive. Then, if they're mutually exclusive (assuming that you've really thought it through and there's no way to have two together, even if you compromise on one), which should be forgone? Which do you wish to really keep?

These are, indeed, tough questions that I would sometimes ask myself, that I can't always come up with satisfying answers. As for if all the "problems" and "pain" that I'm having with my studies now are actually worth it in the end, the answer would most likely be "yes", if the end product is truly what I want. I would tell myself that this is a training of self-discipline. What I'm doing or studying now may truly, or is proven, to have no relation whatsoever to my future career, but does being able to master such a subject not show that I can and I am serious about what I'm doing and what I want to do?

Oops... I went on rambling there. Tongue out But just to share a bit of my self-talking process when I'm in the same dilemma.
    brandon_g
    brandon_g

Click to toggle info
    HubPoints : 47

Reputation points:

Post by brandon_g Wed Jan 21, 2015 6:35 am

How is everyone doing today?
    VicmxD
    VicmxD

Click to toggle info

Reputation points:

Post by VicmxD Wed Jan 21, 2015 7:28 am

well, in my society it's not so individualist, and at the same time we do not worry a lot over the good for the collective, it can be there but it isn't either a priority, we support and help each other in group, even with our personal individual goals, families and friends help each other in their ways, we do stuff together, I think that in our decisions we consider a lot the people we like (mostly) around us, we mostly live in groups, it's rare that someone lives alone or thrives completely alone with things, but of course we make a mix of it and do some lone resolutions.

yep, there is no way I can have my two paths together, going to leave one for good, I remember myself the reason for why I made the decision I made, and I get more tranquil, I know I will miss my friends, and It sure stings me the Idea of leaving 2 years of study, I learned a lot, but the academic progress will be all lost, a total white paper, in that regard I'm kinda unrest, even if I know that I want to leave, but teachers make think with the if, and that if I could study both (even if I wanted, I can't because of my average grade), and that you are gonna leave when we are finishing the semester, and I don't want to have evaluations, here is were my questions arise.

Well, until now you have learn a lot in your branch of the knowledge, self-discipline - and studying is a skill, that is different regarding what do you study, and yes it shows your determination, it's all good, The only thing is remember why you chose what you chose, the reason for which you made your decisions and if you still are dubious, then the best is to evaluate everything in every aspect that you want in different points of view, in the end if done patiently and with effort, you can discover lots of paths, and more reasons to support the decisions made by you.

I just wrote the last paragraph nearly asleep, I'm dying of tiredness, I hope I made some sense XD, I'm doing fine Brandon! quite the tiring day, I believe that for having time, I will not go to the afternoon classes, they are a real pain, and with them and my hobbies, like this one writing in here, I don't have time for anything between these constricted days, it doesn't work if I want to read for the next day, going to Zzzz
    Japorized
    Japorized
    Administrator

Click to toggle info

Reputation points:

Post by Japorized Wed Jan 21, 2015 7:46 pm

brandon_g wrote:How is everyone doing today?

Welcome on the chat thread Brandon Smile Vic and I can go on with long messages sometimes but don't feel intimidated. Tongue out
    I'm doing ok and have some extra free time recently, except that I'm also using it to do some other stuff that I normally can't do.

VicmxD wrote:well, in my society it's not so individualist, and at the same time we do not worry a lot over the good for the collective, it can be there but it isn't either a priority, we support and help each other in group, even with our personal individual goals, families and friends help each other in their ways, we do stuff together, I think that in our decisions we consider a lot the people we like (mostly) around us, we mostly live in groups, it's rare that someone lives alone or thrives completely alone with things, but of course we make a mix of it and do some lone resolutions.

yep, there is no way I can have my two paths together, going to leave one for good, I remember myself the reason for why I made the decision I made, and I get more tranquil, I know I will miss my friends, and It sure stings me the Idea of leaving 2 years of study, I learned a lot, but the academic progress will be all lost, a total white paper, in that regard I'm kinda unrest, even if I know that I want to leave, but teachers make think with the if, and that if I could study both (even if I wanted, I can't because of my average grade), and that you are gonna leave when we are finishing the semester, and I don't want to have evaluations, here is were my questions arise.

Well, until now you have learn a lot in your branch of the knowledge, self-discipline - and studying is a skill, that is different regarding what do you study, and yes it shows your determination, it's all good, The only thing is remember why you chose what you chose, the reason for which you made your decisions and if you still are dubious, then the best is to evaluate everything in every aspect that you want in different points of view, in the end if done patiently and with effort, you can discover lots of paths, and more reasons to support the decisions made by you.

I just wrote the last paragraph nearly asleep, I'm dying of tiredness, I hope I made some sense XD, I'm doing fine Brandon! quite the tiring day, I believe that for having time, I will not go to the afternoon classes, they are a real pain, and with them and my hobbies, like this one writing in here, I don't have time for anything between these constricted days, it doesn't work if I want to read for the next day, going to Zzzz

Just to note that living in groups is probably a human thing to do, instead of reflecting collectivism. I believe collectivistic society is one that prioritizes the people and the society around them before themselves as they feel that these people or this circle is an extension of themselves. Of course, many countries are actually having a mix between the two now, and there's this individualism-collectivism spectrum table that is tabulated for the countries. Mine's is like 50:50.

As for your choice, there's definitely a reason for your change of career and you do have the answer, but it might be clouded by the many things that you're thinking about. It just takes some time to re-recognize that reason.

I believe that we doubt ourselves from time to time, and I don't really see it as a bad thing. I mean, if you would doubt yourself at some point, wouldn't that just mean that you are aware of what you're doing? There are people who just do what they feel like doing without asking themselves or doubting themselves for even a split second. It's would appear ok, so long that what you're doing is really just right and brings no problems to anyone. If somehow you end up causing problems to someone for your actions and you're all like, "I'm just doing what's right," and give no second doubts to your actions, that would be a problem itself. I have people like that around me, and they can be a pain in the you-know-where when the time comes.

And it's fine Vic, ya made sense, no probs. Do rest from time to time, taking small "nods" in between. Do take care and try not to be like how I did. Tongue out
    VicmxD
    VicmxD

Click to toggle info

Reputation points:

Post by VicmxD Wed Jan 21, 2015 8:03 pm

Japo, Unicorn spoke in the chat, I stayed asleep in the morning XD, had no energy to go to class, well, not that I need to, spend the time talking with my mom and my brother that is his birthday, I do regret that the class of today was psychology =/, but I couldn't make it in time, definitely I will only go to morning classes, the day doesn't bring good results with such little time to work upon.

yes XD to maintain my resolutions I take time to remember the reasons and causes behind it, to renovate my resolutions, remember my past with happy and sad memories, that in the end made me who I'm or at least what I can remember is part of the foundation of who I'm at present and of course what I could get done until now, and even with the people asking if I can find a way to not lost those 2 years, for me they aren't lost, I lived and enjoyed them, and I really don't regret not being a sociologist XD just want to jump to psychology, instead my lack of focus in what I like makes my thoughts kinda impaired, as if I didn't learn quite right what I should have, and learned poorly what I wanted, there is a saying, the one that covers broadly grips nothing, I think it's kinda true, more if that you are covering you don't want to grip it.

Well I will try to bring up, do the most of this day even if I didn't went to class, and as today is my father's birthday, with more reason XD, going to eat
    Japorized
    Japorized
    Administrator

Click to toggle info

Reputation points:

Post by Japorized Wed Jan 21, 2015 8:33 pm

I just saw Prancey's message on the chatbox. It's actually half past one in the morning now for me. Tongue out I'll head to bed after this message.

I myself don't really like missing classes cause I just feel bad about myself, even if I know that going to class can be a waste of time on that day, or if I'm really ill. There's this time that I somehow cried that I was forbidden from going to school by my parents just cause I was a little ill, and I was 13 that year. Whew Digressing...
    Just to add a final bit here about this, if I find that I'm late for class, I would still go to it cause there's still some time before the end of the class and at least I can learn a few stuff and not miss the entire thing. I would bear the pain and shame of being scolded for being late and just to grab that few lines of new knowledge. I dunno why but I would do that.

And don't feel bad about changing your career when you're halfway through with your sociology, and thinking like you just did like half of what you were supposed to do. Think on the bright side, you have some knowledge of sociology after all, so I don't see that you're actually losing out on something. Just immerse yourself in what you're doing now since it's already ongoing. Smile

Gonna sleep. Night!
    VicmxD
    VicmxD

Click to toggle info

Reputation points:

Post by VicmxD Wed Jan 21, 2015 9:10 pm

My transformator is broken I can't use muy laptop, nos I don't know what to do, my laptop is precious to me, talking from my phone,kinda falling asleep, i don't like to write in this
    Japorized
    Japorized
    Administrator

Click to toggle info

Reputation points:

Post by Japorized Thu Jan 22, 2015 7:49 am

Hope you can get a new adapter soon Vic. I thought adapters should be pretty sturdy, and would last till at least after you've bought two to three laptops. Let's hope it's not caused by short circuit or something of the sort.
    VicmxD
    VicmxD

Click to toggle info

Reputation points:

Post by VicmxD Thu Jan 22, 2015 1:31 pm

yes they are, but I in the first days that i had this laptop 2 years ago, I nearly used it 24/7 and because I had the experience of an damaged battery by the use, I pulled out the battery and only used it when needed and charged it when the laptop was off, just in case, so I only used the laptop with the adapter, like a desktop, now I just have the battery and I use another adapter with the same volts but with less amp so I have to wait longer for the battery to charge, I will try later if I can use the laptop with less amp, I suppose that I can, the adapter bought from Acer in amazon is at 30 dollars, the problem is the waiting XQ
    brandon_g
    brandon_g

Click to toggle info
    HubPoints : 47

Reputation points:

Post by brandon_g Thu Jan 22, 2015 5:17 pm

What adapter is this? Is it important for your laptop?
    VicmxD
    VicmxD

Click to toggle info

Reputation points:

Post by VicmxD Thu Jan 22, 2015 5:30 pm

well yep, I'm fine for now, I have another that is doing the work, I will buy one for myself, I don't think it's so hard to find one in my country, and it shouldn't be expensive, it needs to have 90W 19V 4,74A and the polarity is - outside and + inside. I already inquired enough to know what and how I will buy XP, one that has those and it doesn't matter the brand it only needs to have the plug for my laptop.
    Japorized
    Japorized
    Administrator

Click to toggle info

Reputation points:

Post by Japorized Thu Jan 22, 2015 5:48 pm

brandon_g wrote:What adapter is this? Is it important for your laptop?

An adapter is usually used to adjust the power of the electricity that is sent to our homes in order for the voltage to fit the acceptable capacity of our laptops (some other electronics use em as well). Smaller electronics will only need smaller transformers but larger ones will need an external adapter.

VicmxD wrote:well yep, I'm fine for now, I have another that is doing the work, I will buy one for myself, I don't think it's so hard to find one in my country, and it shouldn't be expensive, it needs to have 90W 19V 4,74A and the polarity is - outside and + inside. I already inquired enough to know what and how I will buy XP, one that has those and it doesn't matter the brand it only needs to have the plug for my laptop.

At least you'll get a new one soon. Smile Oh, have you seen Quinn-chii's email? I saw her sending one to you.
    VicmxD
    VicmxD

Click to toggle info

Reputation points:

Post by VicmxD Thu Jan 22, 2015 6:11 pm

I just saw it now thanks to you =o, she is alive!!! =O, but I'm kinda tired to answer to a long message XD, I think I will do it eventually in the night, it has been nearly one month, I have left alone too the guys in the IRC channel, the only thing left is to reunite and that all gets in place as before but like anew
    Japorized
    Japorized
    Administrator

Click to toggle info

Reputation points:

Post by Japorized Sat Jan 24, 2015 8:42 am

I'm back! I went for a friend's birthday party yesterday so that's why I wasn't here in the night. Sang a lot, to the point that my voice is a lil sore now.
    I've been not checking up on the guys on IRC as well. Been running around a bit, though still quite free. I'm now figuring out how to get to a certain service center to ask to get my phone fixed. Apparently the screen won't come up, after I've accidentally dropped it. I hope they don't charge me too much though.

Sponsored content

Click to toggle info

Reputation points:

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Mar 19, 2024 7:23 am