InfinityHub

Welcome to InfinityHub !

We're a leisure community and this board serves for us to discuss various different topics. We aim to foster relationships between users and grow to be a great community.

So join us! We've been expecting you. :)

InfinityHub

Welcome to InfinityHub !

We're a leisure community and this board serves for us to discuss various different topics. We aim to foster relationships between users and grow to be a great community.

So join us! We've been expecting you. :)

Forgot Password?

Option not recommended on shared computers

Don't have an account yet?

InfinityHub

Favorite Sport(s)?

brandon_g
    brandon_g

Click to toggle info
    HubPoints : 47
    Rep : 4

Reputation points:

Favorite Sport(s)? Empty Favorite Sport(s)?

Post by brandon_g Sun Apr 12, 2015 4:31 pm

Hello,
    In this topic you can discuss your favorite sport(s) and/or thier teams.

Have fun Smile

-Brandon
    Japorized
    Japorized
    Administrator

Click to toggle info
    HubPoints : 95
    Rep : 12

Reputation points:

Favorite Sport(s)? Empty Re: Favorite Sport(s)?

Post by Japorized Mon Apr 13, 2015 7:35 pm

I'm not a Taekwondo practitioner for no reason Tongue out I do like the sport. It's quite healthy and not too intense for me (since I don't and I can't spar so I go for something softer, like Poomsae [Google that, or you might've seen that video I posted in the chat thread] ).
    brandon_g
    brandon_g

Click to toggle info

Reputation points:

Post by brandon_g Mon Apr 13, 2015 8:08 pm

I like Baseball and Football (American... not Soccer :D).
    brandon_g
    brandon_g

Click to toggle info

Reputation points:

Post by brandon_g Fri Aug 28, 2015 9:19 pm

Bump!
    Japorized
    Japorized
    Administrator

Click to toggle info

Reputation points:

Post by Japorized Tue Sep 01, 2015 4:02 pm

Hmm... How often do you play those though?
    For mine, I will at least have one training session a week. But other times, whenever I'm free and not doing anything at home, I'd just kick around for fun Tongue out
    VicmxD
    VicmxD

Click to toggle info
    HubPoints : 38

Reputation points:

Post by VicmxD Tue Sep 01, 2015 6:10 pm

let me kick in; Well, I don't have a passion for sports, nor watch them, but if for fooling around with some friends, I would prefer soccer (football!) or volleyball, if for physical activity, right now I'm trying to come back to doing exercise, so I'm doing a little every morning, I'm trying to get back to maintaining a constant habit, and it's been nearly half a year since I did tae bo, the senseis surely have forgotten me XD, but I sure couldn't keep with that because of the classes, assessments, duties, etc... psychology is really taxing.
    brandon_g
    brandon_g

Click to toggle info

Reputation points:

Post by brandon_g Tue Sep 01, 2015 6:15 pm

Japorized wrote:Hmm... How often do you play those though?
    For mine, I will at least have one training session a week. But other times, whenever I'm free and not doing anything at home, I'd just kick around for fun Tongue out

I don't play them so much as watch them. I do play a pickup game every now and then of baseball or the occasional touch football, other then that though, I really just watch the sports.
    Japorized
    Japorized
    Administrator

Click to toggle info

Reputation points:

Post by Japorized Thu Sep 03, 2015 4:55 am

I actually don't enjoy watching sports as much. Don't find it as much exciting than actually doing it, but I'm not a very sporty person as well, meaning that I won't always take the initiative to play sports. But exercising, well, occasionally, but given how bad the security is at where I am now, I don't really dare to go exercise alone.

And Vic, I'm not sure how things are there but my senseis here will almost always remember their students, at least that's for the 3-4 of the senseis I've trained with before.
    Unknown
    Unknown
    Normal User

Click to toggle info
    HubPoints : 19
    Rep : 1

Reputation points:

Post by Unknown Wed Sep 09, 2015 1:26 am

Ooooh, where do I begin?!? Well my older brother was almost a national champion wrestler, two of my best friends were great as well, one was a mvp in basketball tournaments, the other one was almost a national champion track runner in the junior Olympics in 200m I believe which is very hard since it is short distance so stamina and speed used at a quicker rate to get better results. I made it my goal to be these people and well I can wrestle my brother and be pretty even, I got myself the capacity to run 22 miles at once during high school and I would spend everyday playing basketball until I could beat my mvp friend. It took me all four years of high school and practicing basically everyday and wearing down terribly on my knees before I could beat him and we became evenly matched--keep in mind he never stopped practicing. I had got into weight lifting and became obese in muscle by having about 12-13 more pounds in muscle than the weight I should have according to the body mass index.

Favorite sports: wrestling, basketball, swimming( too therapeutic and relaxing on muscles , and weight training. I would say running but that's not really a sport xD
    Goal: to be like Goku or Rock Lee xDD

Now I do weights to stay fit and toned and I play basketball occasionally along with swimming occasionally.
    brandon_g
    brandon_g

Click to toggle info

Reputation points:

Post by brandon_g Wed Sep 09, 2015 2:45 am

Japorized wrote:Hmm... How often do you play those though?

I don't play them so much as watch them. I do play a pickup game every now and then of baseball or the occasional touch football, other then that though, I really watch the sports.
    Japorized wrote:I actually don't enjoy watching sports as much. Don't find it as much exciting than actually doing it, but I'm not a very sporty person as well, meaning that I won't always take the initiative to play sports. But exercising, well, occasionally, but given how bad the security is at where I am now, I don't really dare to go exercise alone.

And Vic, I'm not sure how things are there but my senseis here will almost always remember their students, at least that's for the 3-4 of the senseis I've trained with before.

Understandable!
    Japorized
    Japorized
    Administrator

Click to toggle info

Reputation points:

Post by Japorized Wed Sep 09, 2015 3:51 pm

ILSxSage wrote:It took me all four years of high school and practicing basically everyday and wearing down terribly on my knees before I could beat him and we became evenly matched--keep in mind he never stopped practicing
    It's best not to overexert your body, and especially the knee. It only gets worse as you age, and one of my masters was just admitted to the hospital cause his knee cap is almost entirely broken now. He's just 50+ this year too, and still have quite some years ahead of him cause he's very fit despite his age. I'm quite worried about him.
    Unknown
    Unknown
    Normal User

Click to toggle info
    HubPoints : 19
    Rep : 1

Reputation points:

Post by Unknown Thu Sep 10, 2015 9:38 pm

Japorized wrote:
    It's best not to overexert your body, and especially the knee. It only gets worse as you age, and one of my masters was just admitted to the hospital cause his knee cap is almost entirely broken now. He's just 50+ this year too, and still have quite some years ahead of him cause he's very fit despite his age. I'm quite worried about him.

Yes, I do regret it.. I didn't stretch like I should've or used my muscles 100% correctly with perfect form either, so more wear on the joints but I have taken a good year and a half+ to let everything heal without going crazy like I did before, but after trying to do a 1000 push ups a day with sit ups my right shoulder pops unexpectedly every now and again, fortunately it doesn't hurt. I regret doing all the push ups without going to war to put it to use so to speak lol. Now my primary way to workout is brisk walks and swims with some weights as mentioned earlier and of course stretching. Basketball and wrestling is for fun-- my older sister whom I didn't know my whole life until about 2 years ago wanted to wrestle me the other day and she was cocky. I weigh only about 120 pounds but so did Bruce Lee right?? xD Anyways I got her to tap in like 10 seconds, but I did go all out not wanting to lose to my older sister when i'm almost 20 years old. xD

Sponsored content

Click to toggle info

Reputation points:

Post by Sponsored content